With that being said, I shall update you on my life. :)
- I intern at the Cross Cultural Center (CCC) on my campus. With this job comes the responsibility to put on programs throughout the school year that deal with the intersections of 7 identities (ability, age, class, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation and spirituality/religion), specifically within my community... because I am the African Diaspora intern. I get to collaborate with my fellow interns, other students and faculty on campus to make sure that all my programs are successful and meet the needs of the community.
- At the CCC, I also serve as a P.E.A.C.E. (Peer Education and Community Empowerment) trainer. People request for us to come out and put on workshops about racism, privilege, gender, ally development, and a few other things.
- I've trained really hard for these positions and to put it simply, I'm really excited to see what this year has to offer, I'm ready to teach and learn, I'm just ready!!!
That's all I have about work... now for school:
- I'm taking Statistics, Linguistics, Black Social & Political Thought, and Exercise Biology.
- I feel like I'm all over the place with these classes, but 2/4 are actually required, 1/4 is a GE, and the other is just because I'm thinking about minoring in African American Studies.
- I went to Linguistics today and I'm feeling like it's going to be beyond boring. My roommate is also taking the class and she seems to think it's gonna be fun. We'll see how this goes. =/
School has only been in for 2 days... I'll update once I really get into the swing of things. Now for my social life:
- My roommates are wonderful so far. No arguments. All laughs. Hopefully, it stays this way. I wouldn't want to lose any friendships...
- Speaking of friendships, I've established a new one (w/ Derrick a.k.a. Bernard Briggs). It totally came out of left field. It was spawned from a random hangout at a middle school friend's house and now we text like everyday (and he's gonna read this, so I'll leave it at that).
- At my training retreat, I talked about how I fail to really open up to people for them to want to get to know me. Then people end up thinking I'm "stuck-up". NONSENSE! But that is not the point right now, I've been opening up more. It has brought people closer to me, even though I've technically known them for a year already. I like it.
I can't think of anything else going on in this wonderful life of mine. :)
Thanks for reading. I really do appreciate it.
Peace & Love,
p.s. here's me & one of my roommates at like 1 a.m. supposed to be getting work done. not one of our prettiest moments. but who cares? i love it. :)