Wednesday, October 7, 2009

There's a Thin Line...

QUICK HISTORY LESSON: We crossed paths in August of 2008, right before our first year of college was about to begin. I was not impressed, but he was persistent, to say the least. In February of 2009, I decided to let him in (and I was so down for a free meal. lol. I can be terrible at times). He fell off the radar in May. After many discussions, I thought he understood that there is NO chance of me and him on more than a friendship level... he doesn't and I don't understand what's wrong with a platonic relationship. I love having guy friends.

The question of whether a guy and a girl can simply be friends has been an issue for my friends and I since freshman year of high school. In fact, I wrote an article about the topic in the school newspaper. My stance was (and still is): males and females can be in contact with each other without catching feelings and/or wanting any type of physical contact with one another. What do you think about this? Also, how do you let a friend know that all you aren't seeking anything other than friendship? Is there a nice way to do this if they want to take the relationship to another level?

Signed,

I just want to be friends. :(

No comments: