Thursday, July 15, 2010

Admiration: Black is Beautiful Edition

I was talking to one of my friend's mother... kind of a second mother. I was telling her how I felt a little awkward at times since I've been in Japan. I'm virtually the only black person in the country. Lol. I've gotten a few stares. I felt like I was an avatar stepping into the human world. But today though, I felt admired.

Thursday is field trip day and this Thursday's destination was the Ninja Museum of Igaryu. We got to see a demonstration of some ninja techniques. It was pretty dope, but that is not the point.

Photobucket

I decided to sit near those ladies above. They were very interested in me. In that photo above, we were actually posing for a photo (taken by another camera, hence the reason we are not looking toward my camera) cause they wanted to take one with me. At first, I felt weird (like I was a statue in a museum or something) but I figure African Americans don't frequent Japan often. I'm okay with their amusement with my darker skin and different hair texture. After all, black is beautiful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/2bo6g9u

Anonymous said...

I love the way you look at the world, I wish more people would take your minds set on occasions like this.

Sincerely,
Seating in admiration.