Friday, April 29, 2011

take a step back.

"Maybe we'll live and learn. Maybe we'll crash and burn." -John Legend

I was just listening to "Ordinary People" by John Legend and that line stood out to me for some reason. I think it's mostly the part about living and learning. I have been doing both and I guess that's one of the points of life, to learn.

In this last week alone, I've learned about myself. Growth is happening.

And as I'm writing this, I am listening to the song all over again. It's just really speaking to me. I think sometimes, we get ahead of ourselves which can lead to us getting overwhelmed with our commitments... whether they be work related, family-oriented or concerning a romantic relationship. Sometimes, you gotta take a step back and reflect.

It reminds me of when an artist is working on a piece and they step away from their canvas to get a better look at how far they have come on their creation. Sometimes you get a better view when you're a bit removed from the situation. From there you figure out what can be done better and adjust as you see fit.

*This post is more of me just jotting down my thoughts than trying to convey any elaborate message to anyone... but if it reaches you, that's great!

And since I mentioned the song, I figured I may as well post the video. Enjoy!!



peace to you.

No comments: