Friday, August 14, 2009

iLOVEmusic...

I am a God-fearing and praising young woman. I belong to a God-fearing and praising family, although most haven't always been this way (some have just started the whole living right thing). With living right comes boundaries for everything you do. When you're with God, you can't do things of the world, right? You're either supposed to be hot or cold, not lukewarm. I have an issue with this though because people are telling me I'm not supposed to do this or that but I don't see it the way they do.

EXAMPLE: I always listen to music while I'm brishing my teeth, taking a shower, doing my hair, getting dressed, etc. Many styles of music... pop, gospel, hip hop, country, R&B, rock and everything in between. I forget what exact song was playing (but I think it was by Robin Thicke) at the moment but my cousin (she is 7) tells me I shouldn't be listening to that type of music because her mother doesn't allow her to listen to all types of music.

(sidenote: why is this little girl trying to tell me what to do? lol).

Of course, I should not be listening rump shaking, name calling music such as Uncle Luke or Too Short (which, BTW, I have deleted from my iTunes library). I just find it hard to delete all music that does not directly relate to God. And I will not unless God tells me Himself that I cannot listen to it if I want to serve Him.

With that being said, here's one of my current favorites... ENJOY!!

Mayer Hawthorne - Maybe So, Maybe No from Stones Throw on Vimeo.

No comments: