Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Time Waits For No One...

"you have time."
"you have plenty of time."
"don't worry; you'll find your passion soon enough."
these are the phrases i kept hearing my first quarter.
and as my first year of college came to a close...
i am still in this state of uncertainty.
i love to use charcoal to mark up the canvas while starring at my face in the mirror-i could be the creator of beautiful pictures.
i enjoy giving advice to my friends and family-yet i can't give myself advice-i could be that psychiatrist that can solve the problems of every one of her patients, but has a laundry list of issues to solve for herself.


and as i tell my peers and the faculty members, "i'm unsure of my major..."
"you have time."
"you have plenty of time."
"don't worry; you'll find your passion soon enough."
these are still the words coming out of their mouths.
they try to reassure me that i am not alone.
but i like to think of myself as a perfectionist; i need to have a plan. i like to tell others that i "let things flow" but when it comes to my future, i need a sense of security.

now, what's a girl to do?


----------


If you have ever seen me on my MacBook, you have probably seen the many notes I have on the stickies application. I would not be surprised if I counted more than fifty of them. I use them to jot down ideas, frustrations, quotes that I love, to-do lists and random thoughts that probably would not matter to anyone else. I write them and never delete them, until today.

While trying to clean up the mess that was created, I read a sticky with the above writing. It was entitled "LOST". It was written summer after my freshman year. Now it is summer before my third year of undergrad. So, it has been about a year...

I have always been that person that is interesting in EVERYTHING. And my love for each is almost equal. This is the same with my choice of majors. Freshman year, I went from wanting to be an Art Studio-Communications double major to a Neurobiology, Physiology and Behavior major. Now if those are not two opposite ends of the spectrum, I don't know what is.

In a year, things have changed and I am more sure of my career goals, and in turn I know what I should claim as a second major. First though, I must speak with an advisor to make sure this academic feat that I am trying to reach is even possible. Wish me luck, pray for me, send me positive energy because I will need all of it. With God and my support system, I'm sure I will be able to achieve my goals. I'm going higher!

No comments: