Monday, November 15, 2010

reflection

"Tell me an interesting fact", said the guy I call my boyfriend. Upon answering the question, I thought about the research I had done for work and things I've learned in class. But of course, these responses would not suffice. For the question that was really being asked was, "Can you tell me something that I don't already know about you?", or at least that's how I was taking it from the feedback I was getting from him. I was in deep thought and I found it to be a rather difficult task.

I wondered why it was so hard for me to answer a simple request. Am I not interesting? Do I not know myself? Why am I not allowing myself to go deeper? These are just a few of the questions that ran through my mind...

And as I lay here, about an hour after that conversation, I am still trying to think of something interesting (and of substance) to share.

I feel like I'm still in that "trying to find myself" stage. Like I tweeted a little before this very conversation started... I am a girl in search of her word. It's hard to share facts if you're still learning yourself.

No comments: