Monday, November 29, 2010

Exploring Los Angeles: The Getty Center

This past weekend, I went back to my hometown of Los Angeles. Between spending time with family, friends and my love... I found my time in the city that I know longer look at as home to be oddly comfortable. Although I don't feel like I have my own space in the home I grew up in for the majority of my life, I do feel great when I'm surrounded by the people I love most.

The Thanksgiving (which happens to up for debate) gathering at my uncle's home was very much needed. I have had conversations where I have talked about how I wish my family was more fun... and I could go on and on about that so we'll save it for a future post. Point is... I don't know what changed but I thoroughly enjoyed the four hours spent around the family I was born into. I love them, straight up!!

After the day of thanks had passed, I was moving on to the day which was my first year anniversary with Derrick. We spent some of the day at the Getty Museum, which happens to be very beautiful.

Here's a few pictures I took.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The garden is the most beautiful feature of the museum, in my opinion.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Wishing I would've taken more. The view from on top of the hill is beautiful. You can check out more pictures on Derrrick's blog.

Unfortunately, the exhibition I found most intriguing prohibited taking photos.

To learn more about the Getty Center, click here.

Location:
1200 Getty Center Drive
Los Angeles, California 90049

Hours:
Monday CLOSED
Tuesday-Friday 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.

I want to go to museums more often than I do now. What are some museums you all like, love, gotta visit?

No comments: