Saturday, December 11, 2010

daydreaming ang i'm thinking of you...

My boyfriend and I have weekly freewrites. Every other week, I choose a topic. And on the other weeks, he chooses. Last week's topic was A Letter to You–10 years from now.

THIS weeks topic is DAYDREAMS... read and enjoy!

In class, staff meetings, the coffee shop...
Thoughts are constantly colliding.
Driving to campus, a friend's house or Los Angeles...
It does not stop.

Daydreaming and I'm thinking of you...
And by you, I mean fun... you know that thing that people have.

That real, genuine fun.
That kind that screams "I can't believe I just did that but I really loved it!"
Something I haven't had in a long time.

Between work and school...
It's hard to find time for myself.
To enjoy life...

I think I want to sky drive right into a new opportunity.
Bungee jump, tango, go for a hike, or something...
No boundaries, just me and fun.

In my daydreams, I want to paint a picture...
I won't worry about how much something cost.
I won't care about what people think.
Me and fun will just have fun.

In my daydream, I am free.
No boundaries to halt my instincts.
And I'm ready to make this daydream,
my reality.



Yeah. This is NOT my greatest freewrite. I will do better though. This topic was really tough for me. But my boyfriend did right by it. And you can read Derrick's here.

No comments: