Saturday, November 21, 2009

liberated...

I have changed the name of this blog 4 times. This may not be the last time, sorry. Every time I change it, I end up feeling like it doesn't fit me, the main subject of the blog. So, when I feel it's necessary, I just have to do it. With that being said, I'll leave you with the word of the day. Questions? Leave a comment. I really do appreciate them.

liberate |ˈlibəˌrāt|
verb [ trans. ] (often be liberated)
set (someone) free from a situation, esp. imprisonment or slavery, in which their liberty is severely restricted : the serfs had been liberated.
• free (a country, city, or people) from enemy occupation : twelve months earlier Paris had been liberated.
• release (someone) from a state or situation that limits freedom of thought or behavior : the use of computers can liberate students from the constraints of disabilities | [as adj. ] ( liberating) the arts can have a liberating effect on people.
• free (someone) from rigid social conventions, esp. those concerned with accepted sexual roles : ways of working politically that liberate women.
• informal steal (something) : the drummer's wearing a beret he's liberated from Lord knows where.
• Chemistry & Physics release (gas, energy, etc.) as a result of chemical reaction or physical decomposition : energy liberated by the annihilation of matter.

No comments: