Thursday, July 14, 2011

Exploring Sacramento: Gogi's Koren BBQ

With the recommendation from a fellow journalist, I decided to make a trek to Gogi's Korean BBQ for lunch today. Ramon came into my office and raved about his new favorite place to eat in Sacramento.

Photobucket


Their menu includes Korean tacos and burritos, with your choice of beef, pork, chicken or tofu. I wanted to try them all but because I do not eat red meat (and have not since my mid-high school days), I went for two chicken tacos, and one tofu.

I read a few reviews of the place saying it was amazing, others describe it as the exact opposite, complaining about poor service and dry meat on their short rib burrito.

My overall take: It's good. It did not take long at all for my food and I was able to head back to my office without complaining. It's not a place I would go to everyday. This may be because I am a huge fan of Mexican burritos and tacos. But I realize that the taste of a Mexican restaurant was not the goal here. I will definitely head there again before my internship is over.

Also, I ordered a Gogi's lemonade with my food and it was pretty delicious! I recommend you check this place out if you're ever near the Capitol.

Gogi's Korean BBQ
1431 L St

Sacramento, CA 95814

(916)442-7333
Hours:
Mon-Fri 11 am - 2:30 pm
Fri-Sat 9 pm - 2:30 am

No comments: