Sunday, July 10, 2011

Time to De-Clutter

A friend of mine once told me that often when her life is a mess, so is her room. At that time, I agreed wholeheartedly. I had my own room, which 9 times out of 10 could be found in a state that one would think "a tornado ran through", as my grandmother would say.

Fortunately, tornadoes are not common in the state of California so that was not the reason for my and Jo's mess. On the other hand, it was unfortunate that the reason our rooms seemed to have clothes on the floor and papers stacked like skyscrapers on our desks was because we were overwhelmed with life.

These days I share a room so I am forced to make sure my room is tidy most days of the week. I cannot say that the cleanliness of my room matches that of my life though. I've found other places to clutter. Take my stickies, for example:

Photobucket


It gets crazy out here, folks! This is a year or so worth of stickies that I jotted my thoughts down on and don't often go back to. I guess it's good that this mess is on my desktop and not in the room that my roommate and I share but it does not justify it.

With that being said, I'm on a mission to de-clutter my stickies. And I've already started on my life.

They do say cleanliness is next to godliness. I'm on my way!!

No comments: